Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Vive la difference

An old British couple were visiting America. They pulled into a gas station in the middle of no-where. The pump attendant came out and the Englishman said "Fill her up with petrol please".
"We call it Gas over here" The American explained.
The English lady put here head out of the car window and shouted "What did he say..what'd he say?"
"It's ok dear" the Englishman said. "They call it Gas...Gas not petrol"
The visitor then asked the attendant. "Can you check the oil, I'll pop the bonnet for you"
"Eer, we call it a hood over here sir" the American politely corrected him.
"What'd he say, what's 'e saying" she screamed from her car again.
"It's alright love.....they call it a hood not a bonnet. A hood"
The attendant said to the man. "I couldn't help noticing you are from England sir. What part are you from?"
"We are from a town just north of London called Sudbury" replied the Englishman.
"I can't believe it" said the American "I was stationed near there during the war. I remember I had the worst lay of my life in Sudbury" said the attendant.
"What did 'e say.... What's he saying?" came the old womans cry.
The Englishman puts his head around the hood and shouts.."He f***ing knows you!"

2 comments:

bella said...

Haha! Reminded me of Everybody Loves Raymond... somthing Ray's parents would say. Love that show.

Rob said...

That's damn funny!