Friday, June 24, 2005

Sport, sport, SPORT


Well done to the San Antonio Spurs for winning the NBA Finals. It is difficult to support the Spurs even though I love San Antonio the place. (There are some photos I have taken in Alamo town here.) I am a Dallas Mavericks fan because there is a soccer team in England called Tottenham Hotspur who go by the nickname Spurs. As a West Ham Utd soccer fan it would be too much to walk around with Spurs on any merchandise I wore. Anyway well done Tim Duncan and co. Remember the Alamo!





So Tim Henman is knocked out of Wimbledon. Praise be. The extraordainary coverage in the English press Henman gets makes it hard not to tear your hair out. Every year it's going to be Tim's year. Thank God we don't have to listen to Union Jack plastered housewives screaming "Come on Tim" any more this year. Still the British press have a new hero to put on their pedalstool. Andrew Murray, the 18 year old Scot, is the new boy-wonder. Wonder how long it takes for the press to make us sick and tired of him?



I played golf yesterday for the first time in 4 years. We are going to Scotland to watch The Open Championship in two weeks and we are playing the Gleneagles course whilst up there. I thought maybe I should get a few hits in before I take on a championship style course. I managed to break 100 which I didn't think was too bad. My friend Stuart has a new driver for me which I haven't tried yet. "It'll make your drives go 30 yards further" he tells me...... 30 yards further into the rough methinks! FORE!


Come on the British Lions. We take on the All Blacks and if you want to see some big boys without shoulder pads and helmets crashing into one another, check out the Adidas advert. Click on Last Man Standing and choose the 60 sec clip and be patient.

No comments: