Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Holders

I listen online to the greatness of the Musers, Dunham and Miller on Dallas Sports Radio - The Ticket every day. The other day they had a conversation about 'Holders'. A Holder is the name they give to the wind that we hold in when we are in polite company.


Great picture from a great blog by rob. click here.

Everyone who reads this must have encountered the Holders at some point. It is a very human thing. I know for a fact that dogs don't suffer with the Holders. They just let it go. The Musers conversation raised very funny points. Are the Holders good for you? Some say it raises blood pressure and could lead to death.

Is it exclusively a male condition? Do women suffer from the Holders? Surely the worst case of the Holders happens at Christmas time? All that turkey, vegatables and polite company.

Have you ever wondered why some men insist on opening the car door for their female companions?... to release the Holders on the way around the front of the vehicle. Some times it may take several laps of the car.



20Twenty

20Twenty cricket is an exciting form of the game which, whilst not for the purists, provides a 3 hour game of exhillerating cricket.

England faced the old enemy, Australia, in a warm up to the upcoming Ashes series. We thrashed them by 100 runs and the guess what? The nay-sayers came out of the woodwork to play down the English victory. I understand their reservations. After all 20Twenty is like a slog on the beach compared to Test cricket. If, however, it was England that lost to the Aussies by 100 runs, then boy! we would have faced a hell of a mauling by the sports press.

Well Done England and my apologies to my American friends who haven't got a clue what I just said.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my, I didn't know I had politics. I must try harder.
Cheers anyway.
Have Good and Get Give