Monday, June 27, 2005

A consenant, vowell and consenant. R.I.P.



Richard Whitely, a much loved TV presenter in the UK, has passed away. He was host of Countdown on Channel 4 and was a very sweet and intelligent character. He will be missed by the elderly and youth of Britain as he had drawn a cult following amongst the students at the tea-time slot.
For those of you that know the Countdown tune that plays while the timer spins round, wouldn't it be hilarious if his casket went through the curtains with that playing. Timed just right so the 'bidup, didup, diddley dee..pow' sounded when the curtains closed.
RIP Richard.


3 comments:

boabhan sith said...

seems like I read this on another blog earlier today...

I'm sad to say I didn't know who he was until his death.

I don't get to watch much tv besides MXC and Spongebob Squarepants.

Unknown said...

It'll be a sad day when SpongeBob dies.

LoRi~fLoWer said...

No way! I watched countdown almost every day the two months that I was in England. Is that sad?