Saturday, June 11, 2005

Sexist Pig



Danica Patrick is taking the American sports world by storm. Danica is an Indy car driver who is playing sports with the big boys. She is 5ft tall and weighs about 100lbs. There’s sour grapes from the men who claim she has an unfair advantage because of her weight. The car will go faster with less weight onboard. There are regulations for the weight of the car so the men do have a point… but come on! If there was that much advantage then the drivers would be more like jockeys. They should concentrate on their driving skills to beat the girl.


The sexist part of my brain wonders whether Danica would be so successful if there were shops around the edge of the speedways. My limited experience of women tells me that they see the word ‘Sale’ as an anagram of ‘Stop’.

My own beloved Suzy once crashed in a Playstation racing game. When I asked why she ploughed into the barrier she replied. ‘I saw some shops!’ I must point out that Sooz doesn’t play the Playstation often because she is holding out for a shopping game.

I’m sure if another Indy team put a shoe shop in the pit-lane then Danica will be held up for at least 20 laps, 30 if she has to parallel park.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Merci bien - France is as close to us but the French tend not to want to live here. Too many British people live here. They don't like us. Something to do with Agincourt or something!

Kathleen said...

ARGH!!! THE WOMAN HAS NOT WON A FREAKING RACE IN A MAJOR RACING SERIES EVER!!!!!

So, for the record, the boys are concentrating on their driving skills and beating the girl - although I think the girl doesn't actually have the wherewithal to make it as she might qualify well (due to the increased horsepower her car gets since she weighs at least 50 lbs. less than the rest of them), but she immediately goes backwards while she "gets comfortable."

And for the record, I can parallel park like nobody's business and into tiny tight spots. ;-)

Kathleen said...

Go here to read another reason I can't stand Danica: http://katm6.blogspot.com/2005/06/danica-ick.html