Thursday, June 16, 2005

Speed of Light

Is anyone else as amazed as I am by the speed of 'search engines'. I know they have been around for a long time but they have always been that fast which is even more amazing because isn't old technology suppose to be sloooow compared with today.

If you type "www." into Google you get 2,990,000,000 results in 0.9 seconds.

There must be billions of websites and Google can search through them all to find something as obscure as "tidy squirrels" and you get 4 results in 0.27 seconds.

nut smuggler


It has to be a modern wonder of the world..... along with how they get little people in my TV set. How on earth do search engines work so fast.(geeks need not answer that)

It takes my computer ages to search my hard drive. It took 30 minutes to tell me it couldn't find any mpegs with 'melons' in the title. *cough*

Top 6 things that make me go 'oooooo'

1. Search Engines
2. Aeroplanes
3. Air Conditioning
4. Mobile phones
5. The Universe
6. Melons!



Who found this?

The Google map thing is wonderful. In America you can view satellite images of an area. At this website, Google Sightseeing, someone has spotted a image of an aeroplane flying while photographed by the satellite.

click here to see the full image

Who found this and how?

I have used the satellite map to drive along roads with my mouse. I 'drove' from San Francisco to L.A. It was a lovely day and I think I was on the wrong side of the road but no-one seemed to mind. *fruitcake*



Doves anyone?

Just a footnote on the Michael Jackson case. Did you see the woman releasing a dove every time Jacko was aquitted?

Question..... Where does one get hold of doves? Is there someone who catches them, like fish, or are they bred like pets and released to fend for themselves?

TRIUMPH the Insult Dog destroys Jacksons fans outside the courtroom here.

This is hilarious especially at the end when the woman is insisting she saw MJ 'come in his pyjamas'.

2 comments:

LoRi~fLoWer said...

It's the little things. Like squirrel nuts.

boabhan sith said...

LOL...

I'm assuming that those melons you have a pic of aren't the ones you were speaking of.

I'm assuming anyway and you'll have to forgive my typos, hehehe.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I LOVE COMMENTS and you've just gotten yourself linked to me...

so "I'll be back."