Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Land of the Free

What is wrong with US Justice? From afar it seems that you can hold people without trial indefinently(Guantanamo Bay); Get away with murder(OJ);Starve mentally ill patients to death(Shiavo) and now sleep with young boys(Jacko). You can't show a nipple during the Superbowl though.

Jacko..officially not Bad

All eyes are on the UN to see if they are going to get an invasion force together to sort out America *tongue in cheek* .

It is a good job Saddam Hussein is not being tried in America because his highly paid legal team will be able to convince a jury that he is squeeky clean.

If the child in this case was abused by Jackson but his mothers character is the reason the jury distrusted the charges then this can't be justice. Just because the jury disliked the mother doesn't mean they should have disguarded accounts of abuse. This jury found the mother whackier than Jackson.

Over in Britain we find it distasteful that the jury held a press conference. We would never see that over here. Justice needs to be seen to be done. Seeing the jury struggle to answer press questions about why they thought Jackson is innocent did not help my vision. Seen to be done...? American Justice has to be seen to be believed.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry, I do love Americans. It's just sometimes we throw our hands up in wonderment at parts of your culture. Guns, death penalties, obsession with race and religous based politics.. to name but a few.

I sound anti-USA but I am not. I currently have stars and stripes flying in my garden.Very, very unusual over here. Britons don't fly any flags(unlike what I see in America).

Sorry if I offend.

LoRi~fLoWer said...

It's crazy, I agree. However, I find it deplorable that any parent would send their child off with MJ. It's hard not to suspect that they did it with a lawsuit in mind. If he deserves to be in jail, so does she.

Also, the concept of reasonable doubt has to be taken into account. If the state didn't present a solid case, they jury has a duty not to convict.

That said, he makes me cringe, and he's definitely a nut. MJ, I mean.