Friday, June 17, 2005

Angel

A long time ago I heard a story that brought a tear to my eye. It may be an urban myth but I kinda hope it's true. I will attempt to tell it but forgive me if some facts are wrong because it was quite a while ago I heard it.

A boy was found to need a bone marrow transplant. He needed a match which often comes from siblings. His little sister was going to be tested to see if she had the right blood cell qualities. This involved taking a blood sample to be tested. The little girl was in the hospital room with the nurse. As the nurse was cleaning the girls arm she was struck by the little girls comments. The nurse realised the brave sister was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for her brother when she asked her "How long will it take before I get to heaven?" The little girl had thought that taking the blood sample would kill her but was going along with it to save her brother. *choke*


I am in touch with my feminine side. I took the test below and I am outed as an angel. I realise that angels are historically men but I also scored 59% mermaid!

You scored as Angel.Angel: Angels are the guardians of all things, from the smallest ant to the tallest tree. They give inspiration, love, hope, and positive emotion. They live among humans without being seen. They are the good in all things, and if you feel alone, don't fear. They are always watching. Often times they merely stand by, whispering into the ears of those who feel lost. They would love nothing more then to reveal themselves, but in today's society, this would bring havoc and many unneeded questions. Give thanks to all things beautiful, for you are an Angel.

Angel

75%

Mermaid

59%

Faerie

50%

WereWolf

33%

Dragon

25%

Demon

8%


What Mythological Creature are you? (Cool Pics!)
created with QuizFarm.com



Remember: If you want to know your enemy then you should
walk a mile in his shoes........... that way he will be a mile away...and shoeless.

America continues to do soccer badly
FC Dallas scored some respect from me when they ditched the name Dallas Burn. They figured that by giving a more 'European' name they would be taken more seriously.
All this has gone out the window now they have signed a deal to call their new stadium 'Pizza Hut Park'.

You will never find such a ridiculously named stadium over here. Anfield, Old Trafford, St Jame's Park, Nou Camp, San Siro. ...
errr Pizza Hut Park doesn't fit buddy.




6 comments:

LoRi~fLoWer said...

Practically all the stadiums here are named after their corporate sponsor. It's cheesy. And confusing when they buy each other out. One of the stadums in Phiadelphia has gone from being (I may have some of these in the wrong order)The CoreStates Center, First Union Center (fondly known as the FU Center), and now is the Wachovia Center. All were banks that ate each other. And yes, it's really lame.

kenju said...

Michele sent me, BIG. I tried the link to the mythological creatures and it wasn't found. Sorry....

Heather Cox said...

Took the quiz, 100% mermaid of course. Don't believe everything you hear about the merfolk. No one who's met me has drowned. Yet.

Cold Hands said...

love your photos- how did you end up visiting Texas? I live in fort worth and saw those pics....

Cindy-Lou said...

I'm sort of concerned about the part where it says you're always watching. (wink)

Unknown said...

Hey guys. Thanks for the comments. I still say Pizza Hut Park is a lame name. Some of the examples you have given sound OK to me. Paul, guess you have turned to the Dark Side.:)