Monday, June 20, 2005

I'm melting...

We thumped the Aussies in a one day international. They must be luring us into a false sense of security for the Test matches. I can't believe they are really that bad. We can laugh at them for a while though... they couldn't even beat Bandgledesh.




It's been hotter than the Carribean in England this weekend. Needless to say I am sunburnt. Hopefully the red will turn brown soon. Wimbledon starts today so I guess the rain will begin as well.

JOKE
I was asked my favorite joke the other day by my Suzy. I had to think but in the end I think this is my best-est:

A young boy was having his eyes tested. The optician asked him to cover his left eye and read the chart. The boy had trouble with his left and right and kept covering the wrong eye. The optician had come across this problem before so he brought out a tool he had specially prepared. It was a Kellogs cereal box with a hole cut in it so only one eye could see out. The optician placed it on the childs head. "Now read the chart please" he asked. The boy shoulders started shaking and it was clear he was sobbing inside the cardboard box. "what's wrong?" asked the optician. The boy replied....." I wanted a designer pair like my brother"



Congratulations to Kiwi, Michael Campbell, who won the US Open last night. Campbell lives in Brighton, England so we can claim a bit of success. I am off to see the British Open in July at St Andrews and will look out for the new champion. Watching golf is a bit like watching paint dry but I love the way 40,000 people can all keep quiet at the right times and cheer when needed. The American audience at the US Open was pushing this a bit by screaming " Get in the hole!!" even when Tiger Woods was teeing off on a 450yard hole. Lack of golfing knowledge or supreme optimism?


Strug-ger-ling for content today. Far too hot to blog. I'm off to plunge my head in a bowl of cold water. Air con is a wonder of the modern world. I just wish my unit worked a bit better.




1 comment:

boabhan sith said...

Dude, I feel for you and the A/C thing. Ours went out last year and it cost us a fortune to fix. I'm so glad it works though & that we have a 10 year warrenty.

I hope you stay cool today.