Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Swans

A quick observationan as I am soooo busy at work.
Swans... Stay in the water!
There are three swans that have just arrived in this neck of the woods(pun intended). They are so graceful & elegant...whilst on the water. However I saw one paddling in the shallow part of the river and..boy are they clumsy looking.
When they walk they have their huge body waddling along on stick legs and whopping plates (plates of meat, feet)
How can something that is so perfect in one scenario be absolutely awful in another?

I hear all the women thinking how that sounds like their men!

3 comments:

Tamara said...

They can be so mean too. I got chased by a swan once. It tried to bite me.

The Smoking Redhead said...

I agree with tamara, they can be nasty. I had to almost punch one in order to get it to leave me alone once.

Mean little waddling suckers.

The Funky Bee said...

it's because they all used to be the ugly duckling...

I have been bitten by a damn swan as well. Stupid bird!