Monday, August 08, 2005

Rock n Roll aint Noise Pollution..

I started to list gigs I have been to and found there weren't as many as I thought. It is a list I'm proud of though.
Here it is, in no particular order except the first three which are the first three I ever went to:

Kiss - 1984 Wembley Arena supported by Bon Jovi. Jovi’s first visit to the UK
Iron Maiden - 1984 Hammersmith Odeon, Wembley Stadium three times
Toyah - 1984 Margate, Winter Gardens
Ozzy Osbourne - Folkestone Leas Cliff Hall
Ynwnge Malmsteem - Folkstone, Long, looooong guitar solos
Stryper - Hammersmith, God rockers, threw bibles out to the crowd
Georgia Sattellites -
FM (4 or 5) -an 80’s British based band
T’Pau (2) - Hammersmith, what can I say I loved Carol Decker
Magnum - Hammersmith
Judas Priest - Hammersmith
Aerosmith - Wembley Arena
David Lee Roth - Wembley Arena
Status Quo - Brighton and Wembley Arena
AC DC - Wembley Arena, by far the loudest ever gig
Bryan Adams - Cardiff Arena
Tyketto - 2005,Camden Underworld
Bonfire - 2004, Camden Underworld
Mike Tramp (2) - Camden Underworld
Goo Goo Dolls - London Astoria
Toploader - Folkstone Leas Cliff Hall
Def Leppard - Hammersmith
Thunder - London Astoria
Whitesnake - Hammersmith
Tesla - Hammersmith
Heart - Wembley Arena
Bon Jovi - Hammersmith- Nordoff Robins Benefit, Milton Keynes twice, Cardiff Millenium Stadium, Wembley Stadium twice, Wembly Arena twice, Shepherds Bush Empire, Hyde Park.

Very Rock orientated, I used to have shoulder length hair. I'll post a picture some time.

11 comments:

The Smoking Redhead said...

Impressive list. I would love to see quite a few that you have been to.

My list wouldn't be nearly as exciting. Oh, and if you're looking for Clumsy Lover stuff I think there is a link on my blog.

Calvin said...

that is a very awesome set of concerts!! i just saw Maiden and Ozzy a few weeks back for the first time, and i gotta say i was completely blown away! i'd love to see AC-DC sometime too!

Heather Cox said...

Nice list! Yeah, I used to have head-banger hair too.

Tamara said...

For some reason I found it really funny that Bryan Adams was stuck in the middle there. But that might be because Bryan Adams only recalls my life as a 13 year old girl with braces and glasses.

Kathleen said...

Yeah, I noticed the heavy metal bent to that list. My list would look a tad different than yours.

Blonde said...

Impressive list (except for the Georgia Satelites). Ha!

I have been to so many shows in my life, that I could never list them all.

When I was in the UK, I saw Cky.

kimananda said...

Cool list...I wouldn't mind seeing AC/DC too. And I'm looking forward to seeing the long-haired look, too!

The Funky Bee said...

Okay I'm going to REALLY embarass myself here but my first concert was Cyndi Lauper!! I was also like 9! If it helps my case at all I have seen AC/DC and they rocked! You have an impressive list!

Unknown said...

Rachel - Check out Clumsys. cool
S - Ozzy is a legend
Heather - I have headbanger brain too
Tamara - B Adams was great. Forget Robin Hood thing
Kat - I love all music, I just seem to have been to heavy gigs though.
blonde - Georgia Satts were fantastic. Lots of bouncy songs. Who are Cky?
Karen - rock chick hair is a great look
Kim - My long hair is embarrasing. I'll have to scan a photo. pre-digital camera.
Paul - we have Glastonbury and other festivals. System of a Down are excellant
Funky Bee- Cyndi was Ok in her day.

bella said...

I've seen some of those acts too... awesome. I like all kinds of music and been to various concerts, but must admit that one of the most exhilarating shows was Roger Waters.

Unknown said...

That list kicks my lists ass. My first show ever was Heart, and they still remain one of my all time favorite bands. Last summer I caught STing and Annie Lennox, and it was an awesome show.