Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Mother Nature plays Daddy Destruction

Best wishes and thoughts are with the New Orleans and surrounding residents. I hope they can recover from the destruction of Hurricane Katrina.

In days gone by this type of disaster was put down to Gods fury. Thank goodness we have moved on and realise it is just the perils of living on a planet with unstable natural events.

Tsunami, tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanoes and hurricanes remind us how fragile our existance on Earth is. A meteor or asteroid collision would wipe us out completely.

I hope the religous 'nuts' who were heard saying that God inflicted the Asian tsunami on Thailand because of it's godless society are re-thinking their, frankly, less than Christian views.

We live on a hostile planet. Humans and nature both make it a dangerous place to live.

Love and thoughts for the people who have lost everything in the Gulf of Mexico area.

6 comments:

bella said...

I second the "well said."

Andi said...

I'll be the third to second it.

Rob said...

Wow is there anyplace "safe" to move to? I've been thinking about moving to New Orleans... hmmmmmm

And I too hope those people are coping/recovering well from this hurricane

Kathleen said...

Nicely said. If anybody has a spare $5 lying around you might think about donating to the Red Cross. Thankfully my employer is doing a matching fund, so I can double my donation.

Mellissa said...

Hey Dip,

We got the side tail of her last night across Georgia - it was a walk in the park compared to the Gulf Coaster's who have had more than their share to deal with.

Thanks for thinking of us over here...

Mel

Unknown said...

I will 4th that, unless someone else did. I am amazed and in awe of mother nature. Just crazy. We see some crazy stuff in TX, but Im lucky enough to have never lost anything or anyone.