Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Dorky Tuesday

Osbasso, the King of HNT, has called for Dorky Tuesday to begin.
I covered this a few weeks ago with a post on my hair through the ages.

So for this weeks Dorky Tuesday I will revisit the bad hair and... I give you this.

Note the Stryper T-shirt.

Stryper are a Christian rock band (not that the Christian bit was relevant) who I went to see in 1986. They threw bibles out into the crowd and my friend Stuart caught one. We were in the top row of Hammersmith Odeon so it was a great throw..... unless God guided it to him. If He did then He wasted His time.

The car I am sitting on was my first ever car. A Ford Fiesta. It was very tin-ny but I loved it. All the cars I have owned have been blue. I didn't choose blue, it just worked out that way.

The shorts are soooooo short. That was the style then. I am very skinny too. Nearly twenty years later and I wonder where the time has gone?

9 comments:

bricotrout said...

dude! sweet mullet!!! i suddenly feel so much better about myself!
(not just your pic, but all of them in general)

Lelly said...

You owned a car at 17? Thats pretty cool! But the hair, and those shorts!!! LMAO...
I have 'shorts' on my post too!

aughra said...

Oh man, that is fantastically dorky. The fiesta, the hair, the band, the shorts. Well played, my friend, well played.

Osbasso said...

The Ford Fiesta is the icing on the cake!

jenbeauty said...

Awesome mullett!!

lecram sinun said...

Cool pic. The sad part is that I still have a pair of short shorts somewhere in my wardrobe. cheers!

... said...

that is a beautiful mullet. Where i grew up that wouldn't have been dorky - you would have lost your virginity at 13 (w/ or w/out the christian rock t-shirt). Woo hoo... the country girl in me is all a quiver with dorkiness.

Blonde said...

Loving the mullett/bowl cut hair!

The short shorts are not a good look for anyone.

Too cute! You really pulled through for this day!

Belly said...

Excellent dorkitude!
Cheers,