Wednesday, October 26, 2005

No Fags Allowed

It's been decided by our Government that smoking will be banned in all pubs, clubs and indoor establishments in England and Scotland. I think the Scottish ban starts in a few months time.




The drip-drip effect of making smoking a nasty habit and dangerous has allowed a 'nanny state' to stop one of the social pleasures for some people.

I'm not saying I think smoking should be allowed around other people who don't want it. I just want to raise the question of a 'ban culture' being a dangerous route(rowt/root) to go down.

Banning things seems to be the answer to everything for some people. Stopping or changing peoples rights is not fair though. It's only a matter of time before they get around to banning something you enjoy.

The Government doesn't really want to stop smoking altogether. The revenue the British Government gets form smoking far outweighs the healthcare costs. They cannot afford for everyone to stop smoking.

It is more dangerous for people to walk in the street with exhaust fumes being breathed than it is for them to smoke or breathe in smoke.

I do understand that a lot of people welcome this ban. Smoking can leave clothes smelly and damage your health. Like a typical Libra, I'm not sure where I stand.



Random Shite:
The Handsome Life of Swing - Lostprophets

No comments: